I enjoy living in the information age. Digital science is creating an understanding of our planet and its systems at an ever increasing rate. It is curious to watch all the dazzling feats of scientific discovery, and the solutions they present, become totally corrupted by politics and economics. Lost in the spin of corporate greed and influence.
Social systems and culture are deeply embedded into our sense of identity and it takes time for these conventions to be turned into ecological structures for living that include the things we need to survive. I think this is a great area for artists to create in, and hopefully point to the issues that need to be discussed. If that can be done in an aesthetic way that works (for me anyway) then that's what I want to do. Can important messages be delivered as art? That's the challenge.
Art can also be peaceful and meditative, I enjoy a beautiful painting, print, video or sculpture as much as the next person. And sometimes people even agree on what that is. :)
- Created designs for the launch of the ‘Contemporary Music Summit’ for MP Michael Lee.
- Created designs for the launch of ‘Community and Nation’ for MP Brian Howe and
launched by Prime Minister Paul Keating.
- Developed point of sale designs for ‘OKE’ a children’s range for Just Jeans.
- Designs for publication ‘A Nation at Last’ launched by Senator Margaret Reid
- Awarded bronze and three highly commended awards at the Pan Pacific Ad Awards
- Created a multimedia course including computer infrastructure for
Brimbank Secondary College
- Instrumental in Brimbank College VCE students achieving highest
average score for Studio Arts.
- Achieved distinctions for essays submitted to Deakin University in 2005
- Achieved distinctions for practical artwork (screen printing) submitted to RMIT in 2008
- Awarded most outstanding student for the 1999 Electronic Design and Interactive Media Course.
Fine Art and Drawing exhibitions.
- Art Shed, Red Hill, Victoria. ‘The Naked Truth’ Group show - Drawings 2003
- Hunt Club, Deer Park, Victoria. Group Show - Drawings 2005
- Hunt Club, Deer Park, Victoria. ‘Collected’ Two Man show - Acrylics 2005
- Footscray Community Centre. ‘mis en scene’ Group show - Mixed media 2006
- Oak Hill Gallery, Mornington. ‘Words from the Grave' - Mixed media 2016
Commercial Design employment history
2005 –16 - Teaching design and art and creating fine artworks
2002-05- Robertson Design
2001-02- Agilent Technologies
1999- Full time Study, Chisholm
1991-98- AGPS Australian Government Publishing Service
- February 1994 Department of Communication and the Arts
- June 1995 Department of Housing and Regional Development
- 1996 ABARE
1986-88- West Advertising
1985-86- MDA Mattingly Advertising
1985- Monash University ETS
2005 - Dip Ed (Applied Learning) Deakin University
2005- Certificate IV Assessment and Training
2005- Certificate III Fine Art Artways Footscray
1999- Chisholm Institute. Advance Diploma of Electronic Design and Interactive Media
1984- Box Hill Technical College. Finished Art
1981-82- Philip Institute. Graphic Design
1978-79- Box Hill Technical College. T.O.P.
2013- ADOBE Train the Trainer course
2008- Screen printing RMIT Semester 1
2013 -14- Kangan TAFE Graphic design and printing Cert III
2009- 10- NAFET Tafe College – VET/TAFE Cert III Pre Press and Graphic Design – Dip Multimedia
2006 -08 - Brimbank Secondary College – Years 7-12. Subject area Visual Arts
1992 - Canberra Institute of Technology. - Second Year Graphic Design
2005- 10- Swimming Lessons Australia – swimming teacher